Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Today we continued learing about colors. We read "Mouse Paint" then learned hands on how mixing red and yellow paint gave us orange.

Yesterday the children did a fun activity that helped them with fine motor skills and name/letter recognition. Take a piece of foam and write the child's name on it. Then take clothespins and write each letter of child's name on a different clothespin. They then have to match up the lettered clothespins with the matching letters in their name. They also have to work hard on using their index and thumb to pinch the clothespin open. I recommend this activity for upper 2 year old and on. Children any younger have a hard time pinching the clothespin. Have fun my kiddos really enjoy this!

8 comments:

  1. Fun! Did you hang the picture up afterwards? The clothespin pinching is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morgan, I don't hang up all the kid's art work they love to take it home with them. It is very hard for them to leave their art work behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clothespin/name card idea! I've been looking for some name recognition activities. I'm gonna have to steal this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev go ahead and steal it. I hope it comes in handy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, are you the best mom on the block? The answer is yes, yes you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erin! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I'm always excited to meet bloggers! Also, that clothespin idea is genius! I can't wait to use it when my little girl is older.

    ReplyDelete